One of the interesting parts of vacation – and staying at hostels, taking buses, eating at hole-in-the-wall places – is that you get to meet a lot of interesting people. Everybody has a story, everybody can recommend places to see and things to do. And they help with one more thing – they keep the energy level high, and the imagination going.
So, here are some of the people I met already – in the last 3 days –
- a group of Romanians in Ciudad de Mexico who came for some serious mountain-climbing
- the Mexican girl from Guadalajara working at the hostel
- a German guy who was on his last day of a year-long round the world trip
- the Mexican painter who I met at the bus station who is soon moving to Madrid, and who told me a lot about Oaxaca, San Cristobal, Merida…
- the New Yorker who lives in Guatemala and who I met at coffee in Oaxaca
How can you get bored like this?