Joined the Holi festival in India and this is what happened.
Jaipur, India, 2011.
If you liked visiting this website, and enjoyed reading about travel and photo reviews, or enjoyed browising the photo galleries, please subscribe to my weekly email newsletter.
Below are some short tidbits about me, my relationship with photography, travel and how the two mix (pretty well I would say):
- I work in a corporate giant, but I dream about roaming the world
- my first travel was to France in 1992 and that changed everything – for the first time I realized how big the world is (compared to ‘home’)
- I discovered photography as a hobby pretty late, in our office, searching to do something besides work-university-parties
- moved to digital photography quickly, Canon 300D got me hooked on the endless possibilities of photography
- I started spending hours processing photos in Photoshop, and later on I discovered Lightroom
- I mostly shoot with a DSLR – right now I use a Canon 550D with a 17-55 f2.8 lens but recently I acquired a Fuji X10 for more casual shooting
- I hunt obsessively for low cost, promotional tariffs, from airlines – to the point that I decide on the destination based on what’s (cheaply) on offer
- my best budget accomplishments were my trips to Mexico (450 Euro) and China (400 Euro). As the major airlines moved somewhat out of the deep financial troubles of 2009 – 2010 I haven’t been able to repeat these feats.
- I stay mostly in hostels (dorm room accommodations), eat cheaply from street vendors or supermarkets (Western Europe) and travel a lot by local bus
- while I occasionally splurge on things like a PADI diving course, train ride up Jungfraujoch and of course museums, amusement parks and parties I do not go on shopping sprees
- at the moment I am very passionate, and I try to improve myself, in the area of street photography
- I am of a (strong) opinion that a photograph without a human being is somewhat lacking
- I started experimenting with portrait photography, and I try to learn techniques, angles, lightning settings, post processing ideas together with a few models
- If you are interested in licensing an image, or organizing a photo-shoot, ordering a print or maybe just talk about photography or travel feel free to contact me at email@example.com